For some years the BCMH has supported applications from postgraduate students wishing to speak at the Doctoral Workshop held as part of the International Congress. This support will continue. Applications should be addressed in the first instance to the International Secretary Marco Wyss at email@example.com
BCMH Conference Panels and Papers Support Scheme
The BCMH has set aside funds to sponsor military history papers and panels presented by members at academic conferences held by non-military history societies, with a view to raising the profile and extending the reach of the Commission and military history in the wider academic community. Funds may be available to support individual members who offer papers, or organize panels on military history broadly defined, and will be awarded after consideration of proposals by the General Committee.
- We are unable to sponsor individuals who are not paid-up members of the Commission although are happy to sponsor BCMH members’ participation in panels that include speakers who are not members of the Commission.
- Funds are available to offset the cost of conference fees, travel and accommodation that cannot be not met by the speaker’s own institution, up to maximum of £200 per member or £500 per panel.
- Speakers and panel conveners are expected to acknowledge the support of the Commission in conference programmes, presentation, and any publication arising from the conference.
- The scheme is intended to support participation in conference in the UK and Northern Ireland. (Separate funds are available to support members’ participation in the International Commission for Military History’s annual congress).
- Proposals should be submitted on the form below to Tim Gale, the Secretary General firstname.lastname@example.org, either before or after the paper has been accepted by the conference organizers. The Commission is particularly keen to encourage doctoral and early career researchers to offer conference papers under this scheme.
|Proposer’s Name and Contact Details:
|Conference title, organizer and dates:
|Panel title (if appropriate):
|Paper title(s), alstracts and speakers (please indicate if speakers are BCMH members):
|Amount of BCMH sponsorship requested: