The 2nd annual conference of the European Initiative on Security Studies (EISS) will be held in Paris on 21-22 June 2018 at the University Panthéon-Assas (Paris 2).
The EISS is a Europe-wide network of over sixty universities that share the goal of consolidating security studies in Europe, under the scientific direction of Hugo Meijer (EUI).
The 2018 EISS conference is organized by the Association for the Study of War and Strategy (AEGES) in collaboration with the Center Thucydides and the Center for Studies and Research on Administrative and Political Science (CERSA) of the University Panthéon-Assas (Paris 2).
Please find here the call for papers and panels with a description of: the objectives of the EISS, key information on the conference, the draft program and the panels’ abstracts.
The deadlines for submitting paper proposals for closed panels and panel proposals for open panels are as follows:
- 31 January 2018: deadline for sending paper proposals to the panel chairs and panel proposals to the EISS. NB Paper proposals should be sent to the panel chairs (cf. their emails in the attached document) while panel proposals should be sent to the EISS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mid-late February 2018: decision on open panels by EISS; and on papers for closed panels by chairs
- March 2018: final program sent to participants
The report of last year’s conference (EISS 2017) is available at http://www.aeges.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/EISS-2017_publication-Final.pdf.
Please circulate this call for papers/panels in your networks,
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies.
Academic Director of The European Initiative on Security Studies
Recent and forthcoming publications:
- "The Strategist’s Dilemma: Global Dynamic Density and the Making of US ‘China Policy’," European Journal of International Security, Vol. 3, No. 2 (2018) (with Benjamin Jensen) [FirstView]
- "Arming China: Major Powers' Arms Transfers to the People's Republic of China," Journal of Strategic Studies, [lead author], with Lucie Béraud-Sudreau, Paul Holtom, Matt Uttley (early view)
- The Handbook of European Defence Policies and Armed Forces (Oxford University Press, forthcoming 2018) co-edited with Marco Wyss
- Trading with the Enemy: the Making of US Export Control Policy toward the People's Republic of China (Oxford University Press, 2016)
- Origins and Evolution of the US Rebalance toward Asia: Diplomatic, Military, and Economic Dimensions (ed) (Palgrave Macmillan, 2015)